Packing your home and moving to a new house is never easy. Organizing the relocation process can be time-consuming and stressful, especially when you plan on relocating large and heavy items like pianos or hot tubs. The best way to avoid any troubles and damages is to find Brooklyn professionals who can help you with the move. Even tough a DIY relocation may seem as a money-saving solution, having the pros to help you move your hot tub will let you have a hassle-free move. Whether you decide on hiring a moving company or relocating on your own you, getting to know all about moving a hot tub will help you stay organized and avoid any moving mistakes.
Reasons for hiring professional hot tub movers
Moving with a help of reputable affordable movers will allow you to focus on planning your new life and turning your future house into a home. While the pros deal with the heavy lifting you will be able to focus on much more important tasks like taking the next step in your career or education.
Here are a few important reasons to hire professional hot tub movers:
- Save time. – A professional moving company will move your hot tub quickly and according to your timeline.
- Avoid any damages and injuries. – Hot tubs are big and heavy. Professional movers have the tools and knowledge to lift and relocate heavy valuable items.
- High-quality packing material. – Hot tubs are expensive and low quality and cheap packaging can damage them permanently. Professional movers use high quality and multi-layered packing material in order to ensure the safety of your items.
- Professional help. – A reliable mover will be able to disassemble and reassemble your hot tub in no time!
- Additional moving services. – Do you need a temporary storage solution for your hot tube or want them to help you move any other heavy items? Your mover can do everything for you. Packing, loading, transportation, and unpacking can be taken care of in a timely efficient manner.
Even though hiring a moving company will make your relocation much easier, you need to ensure to find a reliable one. There are many moving companies to choose from. However, not all of them have the skills and equipment to relocate heavy items like hot tubs. Therefore, in order to avoid moving scams and hiring an unprofessional mover, make sure you research you research their credentials in advance. Ask them for a few letters of recommendation from clients that used similar services like the ones you might need.
Move your hot tub – What is there to know?
In order to make an informed decision on whether you need to hire a professional mover, you need to get to know the moving process. The best way to get as much as useful information as you can is to turn to the pros for advice. Therefore, in addition to following our guide, find reliable online sources of professional movers, like usantini.com. Search for detailed information on how to move heavy items.
Here are a few important steps to follow when moving a hot tub to a new home:
- Prepare your hot tub for the move.
- Gather the tools and supplies.
- Prepare your new home for the move.
- Plan the route.
- Prepare for the moving day.
Prepare in advance
In order to avoid any mistakes, you will need to prepare for your move in advance. Use websites like WikiHow to get additional detailed and visual instructions on how to move your hot tub.
Prepare your hot tub for the move by following the next few steps:
- Disconnect the tub. – The safest way to do so is to hire a licensed electrician. Therefore, you will ensure you avoid injuries and keep your hot tub safely disconnected.
- Protect the cords. -Use waterproof wraps and plastic bags. Therefore the cords will be protected and avoid any damages from the water during the move.
- Drain the tub. – Use garden hoses or a pump. Make sure you drain all of the hoses and pipes as well. Wipe and clean the tub. Ensuring there is no water left is extremely important if you plan on keeping the tub in a storage unit for a longer time. Low temperatures can severely damage the pipes if there is any water left.
Which tools do you need for relocating a hot tub?
Hot tubs come in various size, weight, and type. Therefore they can weight anywhere between 900 and 6000 lbs. Carrying that much weight requires proper professional equipment like moving furniture dollies or even, in some cases, a forklift. In order to avoid injuries and damaging your hot tub, you need to gather moving equipment as well as packing supplies well in advance.
Make sure you have the equipment that can support the weight and buy quality packing material. Protect your hot tub by using plastic wrap. If you are moving your hot tub yourself, use a few pieces of plywood to lift the tub a few inches above the floor. Place the furniture dolly underneath and secure the tub from flipping or sliding off the dolly. Make sure you have a few friends to help you.
Do you have a place for your hot tub in the new home?
When you need to prepare for a move in one week, you need to act fast! Therefore, make sure you have everything ready in the new home to move your hot tub. Clear the carrying path in your new home and make sure it can fit through the doors. Find a reliable and licensed electrician in your new neighborhood. Therefore, you will be sure the tub will be connected properly.
Plan the route
Clear the path for carrying the tub out of your home. Make sure there are no obstacles along the way. Secure the loading area. Help your mover decide where is the best spot to park the moving truck.
Are you ready for the moving day?
Even though you might have hired the best hot tub movers, you will need to prepare for the moving day. Move your hot tub safely by dressing properly. Choose comfortable clothes and non-slippery shoes. Also, wear protective gear and don’t forget to stay hydrated! Prepare an essential box. Make sure everyone is wearing proper clothes and gear and inform them about the route.