Moving to West Virginia could be a clever decision if you have already done all preparations. It means that you check the weather, the possibilities of finding a job, meet your neighbors, the quality of education etc. Finding a job in West Virginia which is appropriate for you is not going to be a problem. Concerning the unemployment rate, it is the lowest among USA states. Anyway, you are in a position to choose from many posts available. It is of high importance to perform the moving in the best possible and less stressful way. Related to this, hire the best professional moving company. In other words, choose a company specialized in apartment moving.
What is important to know after relocation to West Virginia
- To have the information about agencies you need to deal with concerning your license.
- Within 20 days you are obliged to change your address. Actually, in this way, you avoid fine prescribed by the law
- In West Virginia, you have to register your car in person
- Register to vote, as a new resident
- Paying personal property tax is enabled online
- If you are intending to enroll the college-apply for The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Employment opportunities
- Education possibilities
Healthcare in West Virginia is at a very high level. Considering this, you are at the place where you will obtain the best care.
West Virginia employment opportunities
We’ll give you a list of the best-paying jobs in West Virginia:
- Physicians and Surgeons
- Nurse anesthetics
- Family and General Practitioners
- Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Chief Executives
- Petroleum Engineers
This fact could support your decision to move to West Virginia.
Most of all, West Virginia is widely known by many university centers, such as Marshall University in downtown Huntington, West Virginia State University, Fairmont State University, Shepherd University, George Mason University, etc. Especially relevant is the advantage they have in common- a commitment to students needs. Moreover, they prepare students for successful job performance. Actually, they encourage them to be brave enough to cope with all challenges after graduating. Furthermore, the officials put all their effort into the development of high education.
The sites worth seeing in West Virginia
Plenty of places in West Virginia to visit are waiting for you. Accordingly, a lot of places are available for enjoying in different activities. Some of them are hiking, biking, fishing, rock climbing, whitewater kayaking etc. If you are striving for nature, this is the best place in the USA to turn your wishes into reality. Finally, we provide you with a list of places to visit in West Virginia:
- Harpers Ferry-a historic town and National Historic Park
- Snowshoe mountain-the most famous ski resort where you can enjoy in beautiful scenery, fresh air, skiing, walking, etc.
- New River Gorge- known for its whitewater rafting and other outdoor activities. So, if you like extreme sports and activities, this is the right place for you
- Seneca rocks-magnificent formation of rocks, a shape unique in the world
- Due to milder temperatures spring, summer and fall are the good seasons for climbing
- Gauley River National Recreation Area-the best place for whitewater rafting, with breathtaking rapids
- Blackwater Falls State Park and Canaan Valley
- Greenbrier State Forest and the Greenbrier Resort
The weather, the climate and geographical features of West Virginia
Since it is located in the Appalachian region, its land is rugged. Moreover, mountains, hills, and valleys spread all over the country. It has the precipitation above the average of other USA countries. However, the number of sunny days during a year is 164. January is the month with the lowest temperature, while July is the leader in high temperatures. A lot of snow in the mountains allows you to enjoy in ski resorts. Rivers with rapids are perfect sites for rafting if it is one of your favorite activity. Therefore, if you do not love rain and snow, think once again about the final decision. On the contrary, if you like snow and outdoor activities including skiing, skating, mountaineering in winter days, this is the best place for you.
Moving to West Virginia implies that you and your family like to be in touch with nature, mountains, and wildlife. Wildlife center can be one of the choices for the family outing. Apart from seeing different animals, you are able to sit and enjoy in a large picnic area. Also, a lot of ponds are there, as a habitat of many species of birds. Above all, this is the right place to see and hear a lot of new facts about wildlife in West Virginia.
Food in West Virginia
In West Virginia, don’t miss some specific West Virginia dishes. The “must taste” list includes peanut soup, oyster, and hand pies. Biscuits, apple butter, ramps, beans and cornbread, pepperoni rolls, venison. First of all, West Virginia is widely known for pepperoni rolls – a dough wrapped around pepperoni. As biscuits are crispy and served with jam, you have to taste them. All in all- short description of West Virginia dishes is – unusual dishes with extraordinary taste.
Also, you can find many restaurants. The common for all is that ingredients are fresh and everything ordered comes in huge portions. For example, Vagabond kitchen in Wheeling offers duck burger prepared with spinach, apples and red onion. Most worthy, seafood dishes are prepared in a specific way. After tasting them, you will know what the difference is. In Charleston area, Bluegrass kitchen offers trouts. Something new is Kenyan cafe which offers organic -grown food.
Why moving to West Virginia is a clever decision
All in all, we can draw the conclusion about this country. All in all, amazing sites, mountains, delicious food, the possibility of finding a job are points to decide on moving and living in this specific spot on our planet.