Are you tired of living in a big city and want a change in your life? Some people often choose to move out and start a new life in a smaller town, especially those who want to raise a family. Moving from a big city to a small town in Massachusetts is one of the options you have.
Massachusetts has many beautiful places that everyone should see and, at the same time, a long history as well. The first colonies from Europe were placed here. Most resident live in the Boston area, which is near the coast. It is one of the smallest states in the US, but that doesn’t mean it is not worth to consider it for moving.
Living in a big city has perks, for example, living in Boston, MA. On the other hand, it has disadvantages too. Some people just prefer to live in small places (towns, countries or suburbs) rather than living in the center of a big and crowded city.
Why are people moving from a big city to a small town in Massachusetts?
What are the reasons to move to a small city in MA? Of course, each person has its own reasons for choosing town over city, but here are some of the common reasons.
- Some of the small towns in MA have a strong art scene and trendy hip communities. NYC, LA, Miami, San Francisco are not the only trendy places in the USA.
- Housing is more affordable in small towns, it is a rule for towns in Massachusetts too. Actually, it is one of the biggest reasons for moving from a big city to a small town in Massachusetts.
- Housing is not the only thing that is cheaper. General costs of living are lower too. If you want to save money, living in a small town in MA may help. Also, deduct moving expenses and your budget will be higher.
- If you are leading a stressful life, moving to a small town is a cure. Big cities are crowded and loud, which is not an ideal situation for relaxing.
- Less competition will increase your job opportunities. It mostly depends on the town, but generally, towns have fewer people.
- For people who want to retire or raise a family and kids, towns are a better solution because of the community. Small towns in Massachusetts are safe and good for families.
Differences between living in a big city and living in a small town
To be focused on moving preparations and to explore the town where you will move, start as soon as possible. The easiest way to have a successful move without stressing out and worrying too much is to have help. Help from your friends, or professional movers which you can find on preferred-movers.com.
- In a small town, almost everyone will know you or at least talk to you and say hi on the street. Neighbors are like family and they hang out together, and kids living on the same street (or block) are playing together too. In bigger cities, that’s not usually a case.
- When you are performing your normal duties, you will often hear “thank you” or “thanks, boss”. People are nice, kind, they talk to each other respectfully.
- Public transportation may be a problem in smaller towns in Massachusetts. If you are used to subway, buses, or trains, you will need to adjust because of options in small towns are not that various. In most cases, people drive their own car.
- Even if you want to move out of a small town, the community will draw you back. Because people will accept you when you are living in their community, and most likely you will make very good friends there.
- Medical services are not easy to access, because all major hospitals are in big cities, not in small towns and suburbs.
- Small towns in MA are quiet, which is very different from big city lifestyle. This may be an advantage and disadvantage at the same time, depending on what you prefer more.
- Personal life and business are often mixed because there are many family businesses. Also, people who own a restaurant, barbershop, makeup salon, know 90% of their costumers.
Hiring a company when moving from a big city to a small town in Massachusetts
Massachusetts is surrounded by New York, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Vermont. In most cases, people from these states are coming to MA. If you currently live in some of these states too, moving to MA won’t be hard, but you should have professional help anyway. There is expert moving assistance for you in Concord for everyone who is looking to move to MA.
Best small towns in Massachusetts to move to
Which small towns are the best in Massachusetts? If you are moving to have more affordable life, what towns in MA have low living costs? Declutter before moving and choose a smaller home, but where? What is important and what should you check before making the final decision? Some of the deciding factors are: population density, low unemployment rate, housing costs and costs of living, average median income, schools and education, commute time, and insurance rates.
- South Duxbury
These are just one of the small places in MA to visit and consider as your next home town. Moving from a big city to a small town in Massachusetts will present a big change, especially if you haven’t lived in small places before. Be patient when adjusting and don’t hurry. Usually, people from small towns are friendly and welcoming, so you won’t feel like an outsider.