Do you plan to move with your family? That is probably one of the hardest decision you have to make in your so far. However, if you are moving to Arizona with a family, then you should not worry too much. This state is a great place to raise your children. It has acclaimed universities and schools for your children and many job opportunities for you. As you will see, there are many advantages when you are moving to Arizona with a family.
There are several things you need to know before relocating to AZ. Arizona is the sixth largest state in the country. As for the population, it is ranked fourteenth among the fifty countries of the United States. Phoenix is the largest city as well as the capital of Arizona. Arizona achieved its statehood on February 14, 1912, which coincides with Valentine’s Day. It has got its name from the Spanish name for the state, Arizonac. This was derived from the O’odham name alĭ ṣonak, which means “small spring.” However, Europeans thought the Spanish pronounced the name like “Arissona” hence the modern name. This state is also unique since Indian reservations make about one-quarter of the state. 27 federally recognized Native American tribes live in Arizona, including the Navajo Nation. This tribe is the biggest in the whole country with more than 300,000 members.
Reasons to move to Arizona Part One
There are many reasons why you should move to Arizona. Let’s list them all.
- Weather – The southern parts of Arizona are famous for their warm weather, desert climate, and extremely hot summers. This might be perfect for someone who hates snow and ice. You will not have to worry about shoveling snow or avoiding icicles.
- Schools – Arizona has excellent school districts and universities. It is home to three major universities, the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, and Northern Arizona University. Good schools are important since you are moving to Arizona with a family.
- Housing options – Arizona is still quite cheap compared to other parts of the United States. You can get a decent house for approximately 130 thousand dollars.
- Cities – Five major cities in Arizona are Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, and Scottsdale.
Reasons to move to Arizona Part Two
- Languages – Residents of this state are truly bilingual. Spanish is the most spoken language, followed by Najavo, German and Chinese. This means, your children can have the excellent opportunity to learn one of these languages or all of them.
- Employment – The three major universities employ many professors, administrators, and maintenance staff. Additionally, there are three large medical centers, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Banner Health, and St Joseph’s Medical Center, that can be your potential employers. Other major employers include Banner Health, Walmart Stores, Inc., and many more.
- Food – a little bit more interesting reason is food. There is no other avocado like Arizona’s avocado, especially when it is used to make the most delicious food you will ever taste. Furthermore, you will have the chance to taste authentic Mexican cuisine.
Moving tips when you are moving to Arizona with a family
Before you start the preparations for the move, you need to make the moving checklist. It will be of immense help if you have everything written down. This way, you can make sure you did not forget something crucial during the moving process. In addition to this, you also need to prepare your family mentally for the relocation. When you are moving to Arizona with a family, children might take the move the hardest. They might be too young to understand and probably hate the major changes in life. On the other hand, if you have teenagers, then they have to leave their close group of friends and start fresh at an unfamiliar school. For this reason, be extremely understanding and have endless patience for your children until they adjust to the new situation.
When you are moving to Arizona with a family, you should get all the help you can get. Ask the rest of your family to step in and to help you with children. As for professional help, you should find a good and reliable moving company. Search online and call them to see what those companies offer. Unfortunately, there are many fraudulent moving companies out there and you should be very careful. An excellent and safe choice would be Moving Buddies Tucson Arizona as they offer the best possible service for good rates.
Packing your items
Once you start to pack your items, you will realize just how much you have accumulated over the years. You will probably have a difficult time to throw the majority of your stuff into the garbage. For this reason, renting a self storage unit in Arizona can add some space. You can store your valuable items in a storage unit until you find an adequate place for them in your new home. As for the packing itself, you will need to buy many sturdy cardboard boxes, bubble wrap for protection, tape, and labels. After you put your items in a box, tape it and make sure to label the box for better organization.
After the move
There is more to be done even after the move. Fist, you should prepare your house for the move in. If this requires major remodeling, then make sure to rent a place for that time. In the meantime, you can spend some quality time with your children. Arizona state has beautiful nature, so you can go with your family to Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park or the Grand Canyon. The choice is yours, but choose a place to cheer up your family after the move.
Moving to Arizona with a family
You will not regret moving to Arizona with a family. After the initial adjusting to the new situation, you and your family will soon feel like Arizona has always been your home.