Do you want to live in MA and you are considering moving there? It may be a great idea, but first of all, you need to decide where to move, because MA has many beautiful places. It is the first step to take when moving to Massachusetts. How to decide, why to move to MA, how to move, how to prepare? A list of questions is not short, but take step by step.
How to choose where to move to?
Before you start researching cities in Massachusetts, you should know what are you looking for, what are your priorities in life, in order to choose the best place to move to. When creating a moving checklist, also make a list of pluses and minuses of relocating to a new place.
These are important factors when making this decision:
- Affordability – money is one of the major concerns when moving. Research costs of living in a place where you want to live.
- The job market – when moving to Massachusetts, different cities have different employment opportunities. Choose a new hometown according to your profession and open jobs.
- Real estate value – some cities in MA are more affordable than others when it comes to housing prices. How much money can you spend on rent or what is your limit of you are buying a home in MA.
- Crime rates and safety – generally speaking, MA is a safe place, but some cities are better for kids because of lower crime rates.
- Education – if moving with kids, education is one of the most important factors to consider.
- Public transportation – if you don’t drive a car, you will probably use public transportation. Bigger cities have better options.
- Healthcare facilities – your health is always number one, especially if you are a senior or you have kids. Easy access to good healthcare is another factor to consider.
Best places in MA to live
What places to consider as your home in Massachusetts? Luckily for you, there are many options, and every city is different and unique. Research some of the best places to move to in the Bay State and make a decision.
A big city with great public schools, a lot of bars, restaurants, nightclubs, and parks. You should definitely consider this urban city in MA as your new home. Many young professionals (because of many job opportunities) and families with kids (because of great education) live here. Also, Boston is near, so you can always have fun.
Why you should move to Worcester and start a new life there? First of all, the median home is only $210,900 which is very affordable for Massachusetts (and lower than other cities on this list). It has plenty of different neighborhoods you can choose from. Also, when living in Worcester, you will spend a lot of time outside, because it provides many different activities.
If you are moving with kids to MA and want the best public schools, Newton is a perfect choice you must consider. Also, it is good for kids because of the crime rates are low, so you will worry less about their safety. The median household incomes are $133,000 which is much higher than the national average. But, on the other hand, the average home price is $846,000.
Spencer is a small town in MA, but it has a lot to offer. From lower costs of living to beautiful parks and lakes. Also, you can save money by finding affordable moving services providers in Spencer area and hiring them to move all your household items. It has a lot of small businesses and it is getting stronger when it comes to the economy.
A place for young professionals, kids, and seniors at the same time. About 90% of residents own a home here and the average home price is $299,000. This makes it one of the best places in MA to buy a house, so if you want to own a property, consider this town. Hire a company that will able to Holden relocation made simple.
If you are considering moving from a big city to a small town in Massachusetts, Brookline is one of top choices. It is located near Boston, so you won’t miss living in a big city. The median rent is $2,130, but it has great schools, great nightlife, it is safe and the job market is booming.
Benefits of moving to Massachusetts
Why move to MA this year, what are the reasons to move a house? Some of the reasons why people love to move and live here are:
- Residents of The Bay State are obsessed with sports. Sports here are a big deal – ice hockey, basketball, football, baseball. Some of the most popular and championship-winning in the USA are from MA.
- Summers are amazing and sunny, and winters are snowy, so you can enjoy all 4 seasons.
- Schools are highly-rated and some of the universities are the best in the world such as Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- The economy is strong and there are so many employment opportunities which is one of the main reasons for moving to Massachusetts. Educated people, diversity of industries, great economy are perfect conditions for companies.
- The history is rich because the first colonies were here.
- Healthcare facilities are excellent and some of the best medical institutions are located in MA.
When moving to Massachusetts, you will have a lot of fo things to do. But before all that, choose a place, hire a real estate agent to find you a perfect home, and then start packing your bags. Good luck with relocation to MA!