If you have decided to move to Tennessee – good for you! This beautiful state in the American southeastern region is offering great job opportunities and significant quality of life advantages. While we are sure that you’ll have a great time there, you’ll first need to prepare for your move to Tennessee. And that is what we are here to help you with. The moving procedure is a complex one. There are plenty of things to take care of and, unfortunately, moving can easily take its toll on one’s nerves. Without help, on the other hand, you’ll have a much easier time. Without further ado, let us begin!
Where to move in Tennessee
Before anything else, you first need to decide where in Tennessee will you be moving to. In order to help you with this decision, we’ve selected the three best cities that are offering the greatest benefits.
Of course, Nashville, the capital of Tennessee, first comes to mind. Setting down your roots in Nashville is a very appealing proposition due to the numerous excellent advantages that this city provides, both when it comes to job prospects and quality of life circumstances. All sorts of industries are booming in Nashville and the salaries are frequently quite lucrative. And of course, Nashville is famous for its incredibly rich country music scene, which has thrived throughout the many decades preceding this one. This scene is still vital today, adding a unique appeal to the city.
The next great choice is Memphis. Apart from the amazing schools and low crime rates, that make it a very nice place for families, Memphis can also boast with being an extremely vibrant place. In all of Tennessee, Memphis is the most developed city when it comes to art, media, and the entertainment industry. No matter if you’re working in these industries or not, their presence colors the city and gifts it with a palpable sense of life. Commerce is also highly developed in Memphis.
When it’s time to prepare for your move to Tennessee, Hendersonville is definitely another city to have in mind. Especially so if you’re looking to settle down in a smaller place. This city offers a great balance between urban and rural, new and old. No matter if you’re in the mood for idyllic green spaces or busy nightlife, Hendersonville can satisfy all your needs. What’s more, Hendersonville relocation can be fast and easy, so if you’d rather avoid the big city hassle of Nashville and Memphis, this town is the right choice for you.
How to pack
Now, it’s time to actually prepare for your move to Tennessee. The packing process is possibly the most arduous part of this procedure. To begin with, choose a part of your current home that will serve as a packing station. In this room, you should do all the packing. Drag all the boxes and packing materials there, as well as all the items you’ll be packing at that time. Doing so will allow you to have a more organized approach.
Be careful with the boxes you use. You can find free boxes in many places (grocery store, office, etc.). However, used boxes may not be sturdy enough. Their structure may have decomposed over time and wear, so they might break. Use old boxes only when packing your belongings that don’t weigh much. Whatever boxes you use, though, don’t forget to label them according to their corresponding rooms. Doing so will make unpacking a lot more simple.
Moving specialty items with ease is possible, but only if you know what you are doing. When packing fragile, antique and luxurious items, you should demonstrate a lot of care. You’ll need to carefully wrap such items before packing them. Otherwise, they could easily get damaged during the shipping phase. Even a simple bump on the road could be the end of your valuable belongings; don’t let that happen!
When you are hiring a moving company, you are entitled to a free cost estimate. There are three types of estimates:
- A non-binding estimate. The final price may increase.
- A binding estimate. The final price will definitely not increase.
- A binding not-to-exceed estimate. The final price will definitely not increase, but it could lower.
In order to more easily keep track of money when moving, a binding or a binding not-to-exceed estimates are the most useful options.
How to save money when moving
Even with an affordable moving company, your relocation can easily be financially difficult to handle. Luckily, there are ways to save money when moving.
- If you can choose the time of the move, pick a colder date. This is the time of year when moving companies charge less money. Moving your office during winter may be trickier than moving your home, but it is quite possible to smoothly achieve this in both cases.
- Declutter your home before moving. The more items you carry, the higher will the cost of your relocation be. And besides, you most likely don’t need all those things you’ve been hoarding for years. Some of them might find better use after you donate or sell them at a garage sale.
- As we said, getting free boxes is a fine way to prepare for your move to Tennessee and save some money in the process. However, don’t over-rely on them. If your items get damaged, this could make you lose more money than you’ve saved.
- Another reason to move during the winter is that some landlords will also charge you less money then. As they have fewer tenants at this time of year, they have to lower their rent.
Final thoughts on how to prepare for your move to Tennessee
And with these tips, you’re well on your way toward having a successful move. Remember, the more time you take to prepare for your move to Tennessee, the easier will the move go. And soon, you will settle down in your new home, ready to enjoy your new life in this amazing state. Don’t panic, stay organized and everything will work out fine. Good luck!