Adventures spirit is deeply ingrained in all of us so just planning a trip will awaken a lot of beautiful emotions. When visiting some places, it is practical and polite to know something about it. Every city, every town has its history, something that is famous for, something interesting. When visiting Newark, there are some fun facts you should know. You can have a journey from historical facts to the fun facts about it. You will have no homesickness because every corner of this town is feeling like home.
A path through history
The history of Newark is long if speaking in terms of USA towns and cities. The town was founded in 1666 by puritans migrating from Connecticut. Its first name was Pesayak Towne, later it was renamed, New Milford. Lastly, it got its name as it stands today Newark. Some say it biblical (New Ark), and others say it is because it was home to the Reverend Abraham Pierson who come from Newark-on-Trent, England. Newark has become a seat of Essex county in 1682 and it is incorporated as a city in 1836.
Nowadays, this town can offer some other things. Living here can be exceptional, so if you decide to move Ample Moving NJ can be your support in this process. Just pick a place and you will be at your new Newark address as quickly as possible.
Fun facts in total
After that, start your expedition. There are some fun facts about Newark we should mention and you should explore them:
- In 1935 the G. Krueger Brewing Company of Newark became the first brewer to sell beer in steel cans
- Newark Liberty International Airport was the first municipal commercial airport in the United States and today remains one of its busiest.
- The Newark Public Library, the state’s largest system with 11 locations, also produces a series of historical exhibits.
- Sam Porcello, invented Oreo cookie stuffing. He was in Newark citizen
- The HBO television series The Sopranos filmed many of its scenes in Newark and is partially based on the life of Newark mobster Richard Boiardo.
- Port Newark, the major container shipping terminal in the Port of New York and New Jersey, is the largest on the East Coast.
- The Newark Museum is the largest in New Jersey.
- Newark’s Branch Brook Park is the oldest county park in the United States and is home to the nation’s largest collection of cherry blossom trees, numbering about 4,300.
- Newark is also home to numerous art galleries including a Center for Contemporary Art, City Without Walls, Rupert Ravens Contemporary the Paul Robeson Galleries at Rutgers–Newark, and many more.
This is just the beginning of the adventure. You can find more attractions if you step into this town. There is no place for a surprise here, this town will enchant you with its energy. If you stay, you can easily settle in with experts’ help. Local movers could be a great associate in changing your address.
This could be a trip that will change your life, just give it a chance. Newark will attract you with some fun facts about it, but it will keep you and dazzle you with its history and beautiful environment. If you give it a try this will become your favorite place.