Big family means big joy and also a big responsibility. And when it comes to moving with a large family, your responsibilities and challenges may seem completely impossible. You start thinking, how will you organize a trouble-free relocation and complete all the moving tasks while taking care of your big family? Well, it is difficult and stressful, there’s no doubt. But, you can make it go smoothly and efficiently, it’s possible. You just have to get to know some tips for moving with a large family.
These simple but effective tips for moving with a large family are below. They can help you through the moving process and make it go as smooth as possible.
Tips for moving with a large family – Plan it
Moving requires careful planning. But, moving with a large family demands more than the typical relocation planning. Along with the basic things like determinating the moving date, making the ultimate moving checklist, setting up a budget, hiring movers, you also need to:
- Adjust the moving plans with family – Give them information as soon as you start to think about moving. Hear what they have to say. Organize a family meeting, once you and your partner decide to move. Make sure you discuss all the important moving issues. Such as the best time to move, the best place to move, a new home for your family.
- Include your kids – Kids have special difficulties when it comes to moving. But it is even harder when they feel unuseful, and simply dragged from one place to another. So, include them and help your children understand the benefits and opportunities the move provides. This will spark their curiosity and adventurous spirit. Plus, it’ll reduce the moving stress.
Decide when is the best moment to make your move
This is one of the important tips when moving with a large family. You need to choose a time that will fit for everyone. When doing it, you have to take into account all the relevant factors:
- How soon will you and partner leave current jobs
- When will you start working in your new area
- Think about when do you need to leave your old home
- You may have agreed on a specific move-in day with your new owner. Or the necessary repair and renovation works may not be over
- Think about the children. Is it better to move during the school year or summer break?
- Would you move in the spring, summer, autumn, or winter? Should You Move During The Holiday Season?
- Can you pay to move in the peak season?
Prepare a plan to its details, but be ready to change it. Planning is essential for a successful move, yet being flexible is just as essential, too.
Tips for moving with a large family – Organize
As it’s said before, organizing a house move with a large family is more difficult than organizing a standard relocation. You need to have a moving checklist and follow it strictly. Also, purge your home and make a moving inventory. Then find the best movers to help you move to or from Sunny Isles Beach. Book their professional services as early as possible. Remember to take care of the necessary paperwork, get the right packing supplies and pack your household. While doing all this you also have to coordinate the moving preparations with all your family members.
There is no easy household relocation in Miami. Every move is difficult and exhausting, but it can also be a lot of fun. This depends on your mindset and attitude. So, make everything easier and turn the hard moving tasks into a game.
- Play seek and find – have your kids find all out-of-season items or specialty items in the home using this game.
- Make packing go faster – give your kids a large moving box and to see who will be the first to pack all their toys. Or books, games, clothes, and any non-breakable, easy to pack items.
There’re many more moving games you can think of depending on your children’s age and abilities. It’s important to keep everyone’s spirits up and have fun while working together on the moving task at hand.
Have fun in preparations
Declutter – Every big family has a lot of belongings. So moving all of them means higher moving costs. Because moving costs are based on the weight of your shipment. Therefore, before the move, you should consider purging, decluttering and cleaning your home before moving out. You need to get rid of the items you no longer use. Have a look in the attic, basement, and garage. Also, check closets, bookshelves, and toy chests and go through every piece of baby and kid clothing. Give something away, sell it at a garage sale, or toss the stuff that is no longer usable.
Other tips for moving with a large family
- Make a moving inventory list – When you sort your possessions, make an inventory of the items you’re going to move. If you don’t do it, it’s going to be difficult to keep track of everyone’s belongings during the relocation process.
- Collect documents early – Collect ad organize all your families vital, medical, school, and financial records. This will take a lot of time, so consider doing this task well in advance.
- Label easier – With a big family comes a lot of moving boxes. So, try using an easy and efficient labeling system, for bringing order to the chaos. Try color-coding. This could be your best bet. Buy packing tape with color or color labels and assign a different color to each child and each room in the house. This is great because it will save you plenty of time and confusion when moving in.
- Have essentials with you all the time
Hire professional movers when moving with family. Because otherwise, all these tips for moving with a large family will be for nothing. So, choose carefully. Moving experts will take so much stress off, and they will ensure your safe, efficient, and trouble-free relocation. Try full-service and let them take care of your move from start to finish.