Do you want to live near the ocean? Then, what should you consider when moving to a coastal town and how to prepare? Moving is a big step to take, especially if you are moving for the first time. We can help you with organization and preparation.
Reasons to move to a coastal town
Why do people move to a beach town? What are the benefits of living there and reasons to change a life? Moving to a beach town may sound like a dream, for some people it is. Before you organize cross country move on a budget, do research about living near the beach. These are some of the top reasons for moving and starting a new life on the coast.
- Air is better near the water. Living near the ocean can drastically improve your health and breathing.
- Lifestyle is also healthier. Your skin will look different, problems with sinuses won’t be big, you will be more relaxed, etc. People are more active and they eat healthier food.
- Many people are moving to a coastal town because of kids. It is great to have an opportunity to raise your kids here. They will spend more time outside and have a healthier life. Living in a small town may be very good for kids.
- For nature lovers, living in the coastal town is the right decision the make. Animals, beach, sand, rocks, the world will be so much different.
Questions to ask before moving to a coastal town
What to ask yourself before moving to a beach town? There are so many things to consider, and these are some of them.
- Finances – how far will your money stretch until you find a job? Home prices and rent are higher than in towns that are not near the sea or beach too. So, you must keep that in mind too.
- Job market – unless you are retired, the job market is a big factor to consider. This depends on the place where you want to move. Some towns are more developed than others. Usually, summer months are better for the economy in coastal towns because of tourists.
- Transportation – research amenities, bigger cities that are near, and transportation options. If you won’t drive a car, public transportation in smaller towns may be a problem, so you need to consider it seriously.
- How will affect your family – if you are moving to a coastal town with the entire family, think about how it will affect them too. Are they happy about this decision or maybe not? If you have kids research schools. Definitely, for young kids, this relocation is a good chance.
- Is it good for your health – studies have shown that living near the ocean or sea has many positive sides to our health? But, if you need easy access to a hospital, then consider location again, because beach towns may not have it. It mostly depends on the town you choose to move to.
Best cities on the coast to move to
If you did not choose a place where to move, these are some coastal cities to consider as your new home.
- Seaside, California – settling down in beautiful Seaside, CA will offer you a lot of benefits.
- Asbury Park, New Jersey – known for the music scene and amazing food.
- Cannon Beach, Oregon – one of the prettiest towns here with many tourists each year.
- Sarasota, Florida – a perfect choice for art lovers.
- Nags Head, North Carolina – a small and quiet family-friendly town.
- Ogunquit, Maine – underrated beach town with beautiful white sand.
- Carmel by the Sea, California – another town in California on this list and it has amazing architecture.
How to move to a coastal town easily?
What is the easiest way to transport all your items and to move stress-free? Moving bulky furniture done by professionals is one of the simplest, safest, and easiest ways for you to do this step.
Not only that you can hire a company to move your items, but also, they can pack all your items. This way you can focus on other moving-related things you must finish before the final moving day. And also, your items will be in safe hands.
Research moving companies and pick the best one with experience. One of the websites to visit is mod-movers.com and consider them for your big relocation to a coastal town.
Things to do after moving to a coastal town – what to expect?
What to do when the relocation is over? What to expect after moving and what is the next step? If you are moving with a family, you will have more work. It is not enough just to choose the best place to start a family in the US, but it is a big step. Here are some steps to take after moving and to work on it.
- Meet the locals and introduce yourself. People that are living in a small town on the coast are friendly and welcoming. Also, by meeting them, you will learn a lot about living there.
- Explore the area and find your new favorite spots.
- If you will live near the beach, be prepared to find sand almost everywhere, including your home too.
- Expect a lot of people during holidays or weekends, especially during the summer months.
- After moving, relax on the beach with your friends or family. Your body needs a pause and vacation.
- Winters at the coast are cold (not winters in the southern part of the USA), so be prepared for that.
Moving to a coastal town requires preparation. And yes, there are a lot of things to consider, but as you can see, living there has a lot of benefits. For the entire family. Make a list of pluses and minuses of relocation and start to plan.